Residence permit in Greece
Investment residence permit in Greece
Investment amount: from € 250,000 (excluding taxes)
Objects to buy: On a residence permit in Greece can qualify for the acquisition of residential or commercial property, or the conclusion of a lease or a joint long-term lease of such property for a minimum of 10 years. IMPORTANT: 250.000 € implies the possibility to buy or rent as one, and a few possessions - most importantly, to their total cost of notarized contract of sale was € 250,000 and above.
Ownership: Buy / Long term rental at least 10 years. Fractional ownership is expected only in case of participation of official spouses, or if ownership of "third party" is allowed only if the share of each participant in it is estimated at least € 250 000 €.
Issued to: to the owner and his / her spouse and their minor (under 21 years) children. On 10/07/2015 the Greek Government makes changes in the law 4146/2013. Now the right to have a residence permit for 5 years will have the parents of investor.
The required length of stay in the country per year: Not determined (to preserve the status of residence permit, you cannot even come to Greece during these period and this will not caused later the problem with Permit prolongation)
The right to employment in the EU: No
After how many years it is necessary to renew the residence permit: Extension of residence permit after five years carried out while maintaining the status of the owner of the Greek real estate.
Features: investor has to pay full amount of property in Greece in order to obtain a residence permit and he/she cannot use the credit funds.
Does the length of stay in the country for a residence permit in obtaining citizenship: No, but soon the situation may change for the owners of property worth more than € 250 000. In this case, the owners of the "golden visa" will be able to apply for citizenship on a general basis (assuming a constant living in Greece, the language proficiency test) seven years after their stay in Greece for a residence permit.
- Valid passport (valid for at least one year);
- Completed applications at required standard;
- Notarized contract of sale of real estate in Greece;
- Medical insurance;
- Information about the family (for applicants who are married / with children).
- Receipt of payment of the state fee for the residence permit (2000 € for the investor and 150€ for an adult, kids are free)
- birth certificate with apostile; Marriage certificate with apostile.
The process of obtaining a residence permit: Once collected all the necessary documents, the lawyer draws up the buyer's tax number and bank account in Greece. Produced remittance, and a notary confirms the payment of 100% of the total amount of the contract of sale. Now you need to apply to the municipality for the Greek "place of residence": in the same day, the applicant will receive a document confirming residency.
Residence permits to investors/real estate owners - Top 10 countries:
Source: Ministry οf Migration and Asylum General Secretariat for Immigration Policy, Date: 31.12.2021
Digital nomads are foreign citizens who are self-employed, freelancers or employees and who work remotely using Information and Communication
Technologies (ICT) with employers or customers outside Greece.
Their residence permit in Greece is issued in 2 ways and has an initial duration of up to 12 months with the possibility of renewal. Foreign citizens can either apply for an entry visa from the Greek consular authority in Russia, or if they already hold a tourist visa, they can apply for a residence permit at the competent Immigration Service in Greece.
1st WAY: VISA FROM THE CONSULATE
These citizens can apply for a national entry visa (type D visa) under certain conditions. More specifically, the person concerned must present, either in person or by e-mail or by registered mail, to the competent Greek consular authority the general documents specified in the ministerial decision of par. 16 of article 136 of Law 4251/2014, as well as the following:
Α) A declaration stating that he/she intends to reside in the country under the national entry visa regime for the provision of distance work and that he/she commits not to provide in any way any work or services or work to an employer in Greece.
B) 1) An employment or project contract or a proof of employment relationship with an employer, which may be either a natural or legal person, but only established outside the Greek territory and this contract, if it is of a definite duration, must cover the period of the national visa granted,
2) Or employment or project contracts for an indefinite period of time or definite-term employment with a remaining period of time covering the period of validity of the national visa, if the third-country national is a freelancer with more than one employer but established outside the Greek territory,
3) Or in case the third-country citizen is self-employed in his/her own business, which is physically located outside the Greek territory, data on the applicant's status in the business as well as data concerning the business itself such as name, registered office, field of activity, corporate purpose.
C) Evidence that the applicant has sufficient financial resources through a stable income to provide him/her with the necessary means of living for the duration of his/her stay in the country, without any burden on the national social security system. Sufficient resources have been determined by the law itself and amount to three and a half thousand (3,500) euros per month. This amount must be supported either by the employment or project contract or proof of employment relationship, in the case of dependent work, services or projects (but net income after payment of the required taxes in the country where the services are provided) or by a bank account. It is also important to stress that this amount is increased for the spouse or partner by twenty percent (20%) and for each child by fifteen percent (15%). D) A national visa fee of seventy-five (75) euros.
If the person concerned wishes to do so and if the conditions explained above are still met, it is possible to grant him/her and his/her family a residence permit of two years' duration, upon application to the one-stop service of the Ministry of Immigration and Asylum, before the expiry of the national entry visa. This permit may be renewed provided that the above conditions continue to be met. For both the granting and the renewal of the relevant residence permit, it is necessary to pay a deposit of one thousand (1,000) euros for the sponsor and one hundred and fifty
(150) euros for the members of his/her family.
2nd WAY : APPLICATION TO THE COMPETENT AID AGENCY IN GREECE IF YOU ARE ALREADY HOLDERS OF A TOURIST VISA.
A third country citizen and his/her family members who have entered the country under another status, for example as tourists for the stipulated period of 90 days, have the possibility to submit an application for the granting of this residence permit to the one-stop service of the Ministry of Immigration and Asylum. In this case, the applicant, in addition to what has been mentioned so far, will have to additionally present a rental agreement or a contract for the purchase of property in the Greek territory.
RESIDENCE PERMIT FOR FAMILY MEMBERS
Third-country nationals falling into the categories listed above may be accompanied by members of their family, who must apply for a separate individual visa which expires at the same time as the visa of the dependent. During their stay, they may not engage in any economic activity in the country. More specifically, family members are defined as: (a) the other of the spouses or cohabitants with whom the third country citizen has entered into a cohabitation agreement; (b) the unmarried common children of the spouses or cohabitants under the age of eighteen (18) years, including those who have been legally adopted by a foreign court decision that is automatically enforceable or has been declared enforceable or has been declared enforceable or has had its res judicata recognized in Greece; and (c) others, under the age of eighteen (18) years, unmarried children of the dependent or of one of the spouses or cohabitants, provided that custody has been lawfully entrusted to him/her for the children of the dependent and to the children of the other spouse or cohabitants.
NOTE: Periods of absence from the country do not prevent the renewal of the residence permit, provided they do not exceed six (6) months per year.
- (*) A copy of a valid passport or travel document recognized by our country.
- (*) Insurance contract of a private insurance company or insurance,
- (*) A Declaration, stating his/her intention to reside in the country for the purpose of providing work at a distance and an undertaking that he/she will not in any way provide work or services or work to an employer established in Greece.
- (*)Contract of employment or project or proof of employment relationship with an employer, natural or legal person, established outside the Greek Territory, for an indefinite period or, in the case of a fixed-term contract, with a residual duration covering the period of validity of the residence permit applied for, or Contracts of employment or project for an indefinite period or, in the case of a fixed-term contract, with a residual duration covering the period of validity of the residence permit applied for, in case the third-country national is a self-employed person.
- (*) Proof that he/she has resources of at least EUR 3,500 per month, increased by 20% for the spouse or partner and 15% for each child. The following are acceptable: an employment or project contract or proof of employment, in the case of dependent work, services or projects (but net income after payment of the required taxes in the country where the services are provided) or a bank account.
- Rental agreement or contract for the purchase of a dwelling
- Fees (EUR 1000 per worker, EUR 150 per family member, EUR 16 for the cardacquisition fee)
- Photos and CDs